Position Location: Dearborn, MI
Reports To: VP of Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Band: Executive
The Director of Strategy & Insights will build Carhartt’s knowledge foundation and champion a consumer-centric mindset throughout the company. This individual will focus on driving growth for Carhartt through the design and execution of research, the development and delivery of actionable insights & by influencing richer, fact-based decision making. Overall, they will manage the consumer insights and cultural context material that feed the corporate strategic planning process. Primary responsibilities include brand and consumer insights and experiences to inform and optimize Carhatt’s direction, brand equity tracking, product testing, innovation strategy and opportunity identification, shopper insights, as well as employing cutting-edge research to deliver meaningful data and insights for several strategic, growth-driving initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a strategic leader and decision change agent, adept at delivering clear, actionable & predictive insights, influencing key business decisions and creating a competitive advantage for Carhartt. This will be accomplished through oversight of consumer insights, brand and competitive tracking, market analysis, product testing, and innovation and strategy engagements related to product, the brand, shopping and overall consumer experience. This candidate possesses a strong strategic mindset, analytical skills, project management experience, and consumer industry knowledge.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
· Influence the organization’s decision making by providing actionable views of consumer insights, market & competitor insights, macro trend insights, and product performance analysis
· Lead the design and implementation of primary qualitative and quantitative research designs that address business issues, gain insights into target audiences and comprehensively evaluate new ideas.
· Provide thought leadership regarding the consumer, our customer, channels, products, competitors, and the economic and marketing environment impacting our business.
· Direct the collection, analysis, and interpretation of information from a variety of primary and secondary data sources to support business plans and strategies; including market data, cultural, social and disruptive trend monitoring, POS data and product and service-related research.
· Apply intelligence analysis, key performance indicators and program measurement to extract key observations and nuances that lead to transformative solutions for our business.
· Drive the development of annual research plans, identifying and prioritizing critical knowledge gaps to align stakeholders and deliver against short and long-term strategies. · Build and manage the annual research budget.
· Cultivate a positive, collaborative, analytical, creative, and results-oriented work environment
· Bachelor's Degree Required in Marketing or Related Field
· Master's Degree Preferred
Required Skills and Experience
· 12 + years of overall progressive experience in consumer insights. Prior experience must include leveraging consumer insights, trend analysis and research expertise to identify opportunities and strategies that drive growth.
· 10+ years of experience leading and developing associates and projects.
· An advanced understanding of data sources, qualitative and quantitative research methods, and a keen eye of when and how to apply them to business challenges.
· Proven expertise in consumer research, shopper insights, syndicated data (NPD, Nielsen, IRI, MRI), application of advanced analytics, ready to provide overall support and thought leadership for the apparel category
· A self-starter approach and true sense of ownership regarding work at each point of delivery, with the ability to work autonomously knowing when to engage leadership and greater integrated team.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization; including creating and presenting executive level presentations.
· Outstanding organizational skills and project management with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail.
· Successful leadership within a consumer driven organization and experience from consulting, a market research supplier, brand/manufacturer, or agency is desirable; apparel experience a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills in building and managing relationships, influencing and negotiating partnerships while maintaining the ability to achieve great results through others.
· Proven leadership skills and people management skills derived from having direct and indirect responsibility for building and managing cohesive, high-performing teams.
· Technically proficient in presentation planning and development and ability to craft strategic stories.
· Willing to work some weekends if necessary
· Travel (25%)
· Tobacco Free
· Remote or In-Office
Date posted: 12/7/2020